I know you don’t want to think about it, but sooner or later you’re going to have to. Christmas is coming. But there is one thing we know you’d like to think about – the Christmas Holidays.
As the storm season sets in, we’ve put together a list on where (we think) the Top 10 places to travel this December would be:
- New York, New York. No explanation necessary really. You won’t get away from the Winter, but you will be able to Ice Skate in Central Park while it snows and see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. How about the Saks Christmas Windows, or stick around a little longer and spend New Years in Times Square. Enough said?
- Copocabana, Rio De Janeiro. Cleaning up after the FIFA World Cup and preparing for the 2016 Olympics, Rio is turning it on for travelers. Soak up the sun, enjoy brilliant hospitality and learn to Samba.
- Singapore, Singapore. No longer just a stopover, Singapore has become a destination. It showcases brilliant street food mixed with decadent rooftop bars. Sipping a Singapore Sling at Raffles is a must do.
- Cape Town, South Africa. Well, all of South Africa really. Go on safari and see the Big 5 in this beautiful country. While it is a trek away, you’ll be rewarded with sights you’ll never forget. The Tabletop Mountains are breathtaking, or if that’s not enough, try Cage Diving.
- Adelaide, South Australia. A little closer to home, head to the wine regions in South Australia. Beautiful food, paired with delightful wines and magnificent scenery, you couldn’t ask for anything more.
- Isle of Pines, New Caledonia. Escape the now cosmopolitan regions of New Caledonia on the Isle of Pines. Time will slow down and you can unwind form a busy year. Enjoy cocktails by the deep blue water and be pampered in a brilliant spa.
- Paro Taktsung, Bhutan. Relatively unknown in South Asia, Bhutan is tucked in the mountains between India and China. It offers you the best of both the Himalayas and ancient Asian civilization.
- Rome, Italy. It’s a favourite all year round. Take in the history of this ancient city, while enjoying the best Italian hospitality. There are historic sites around every corner (as well as Gelato).
- Las Vegas, Nevada. It’s got to be on the list, doesn’t it? If you’ve never been before, it’s a must do, just once in your life. The excess is outrageous and the sights unbelievable. Take a couple of days and tick it off the list.
- Casuarina, New South Wales. It’s a favourite and we shouldn’t be telling you about it. Just 30 minutes from the Gold Coast, this almost untouched piece of beach is stunning. You forget you’re so close to a metropolitan and can relax freely in the beautiful holiday homes and hotels. Nearby, there are Chef Hatted restaurants and an award winning spa. We saved the best to last.
Feeling relaxed already? Take the time this Christmas to relax, unwind and recharge for a strong start to 2015.