Your retirement may be a distant thought or it may be just around the corner. Either way, it’s important to know whether you can rest easy when you retire and afford the lifestyle you desire and deserve.
There are a few things that you can do to help achieve a comfortable retirement.
1. Use a super future calculator (link) to find out how much super you are likely to need when you retire and what you can do to ensure your super is on track.
2. Put extra into your super by making additional contributions. Get information on the different types of contributions and use a Contributions calculator to find out the most tax effective way for you to contribute.
3. Make sure that your super is invested in the right assets for you, considering your risk profile, cash flow needs and goals.
4. Check if you have any lost super and bring all your super together to avoid paying multiple fees and having to manage multiple accounts.
5. Talk to a financial adviser. Your adviser is the best person to recommend appropriate super strategies to suit your financial position and help ensure you achieve a comfortable retirement.
If you’d like more information on this, please click here.