Australians are living longer and retiring earlier and many people are now spending more than a quarter of their lives in retirement. It’s good news, but it also shows how critical it is to plan for your retirement. It’s never too late to start planning, and the sooner you start, the easier it is.
Here are the 7 most important questions to consider if you are getting ready to retire.
- How soon would I like to retire?
- What do I plan to do with my time, once I’m retired?
- How much Super do I have?
- How many years of retirement do I need to plan for?
- Would I consider working part time?
- Will I make any big purchases (house, car, holidays)?
- Will I access any federal benefits?
The answers to these questions will get you well on the way to knowing how much you’ll need to ensure you can retire in the style you would like to.
If you’d like to have a discussion on what that figure means to you, comment below, call us or send us an email. We’ll be happy to have a chat with you.